Have you received your membership renewal letter yet? Our 2023 Membership Drive is underway; the annual mailing went out to members on November 18th. And, if you are new and want to join the Friends, just click on over to our Membership page to get started (hint: you can renew there, too!).
We’re proud of all we’ve accomplished in 2023:
- We hosted three book/media sales during 2023, raising about $5,000 to help support our Tualatin Library.
- We’ve raised an additional $7,800 (through October) via our ongoing sale shelves inside the library, membership dues, and other donations.
- We’ve donated over $12,000 so far this year (through October) to the Tualatin Library in support of a variety of programs.
- We are very proud to have our name atop the Donor Appreciation plaque in the library.
- And, we developed a new logo! We think it’s perfect for us: bookish, fun, and colorful.
If you’re already a member of the Friends, please consider taking a more active role through volunteering. We’re small, but mighty…and sometimes we need more help to get all the things done. We’d love to chat with you about our opportunities. Jump over to our Contact form and send us a note.
The Friends of Tualatin Library have two volunteer opportunities:
Book Sale Co-Chair. The Friends host two community book sales per year, currently in May and November. We are looking for a co-chair to work with the current chair to plan and execute the sales. Responsibilities include publicity, volunteer recruitment, day-of-sale set-up, and close-of-sale shut-down. This job is a good one for those who enjoy event planning and have good communication skills. See our job description for more information.
Book Evaluator. The Friends receive book and media donations from the public throughout the year. Book evaluators review the donations and evaluate them for potential re-sale in our various sale venues. You might enjoy this job if you have good computer skills and a few hours each week to dedicate to this role. See our flyer for more information.
If either of these opportunities sound interesting to you, please contact us.