The Friends welcome donations of clean, undamaged books and media for our book sales. If you enjoyed reading them, we’re sure other patrons will too. Here are some guidelines for donations.
- Books in good condition (fiction, non-fiction, adult, children’s)
- Old books and classics in good condition
- Textbooks less than 10 years old
- DVDs, Blu-ray, electronic games
- Music CDs
- Audiobooks on CDs
- Magazines less than two years old
We cannot accept:
- Books in poor condition (musty, moldy, broken spines or covers, smoke smell)
- Adult encyclopedia sets
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Textbooks more than 10 years old
- VHS tapes
- Cassette tapes
- Magazines more than two years old
You can drop off small donations (up to two grocery bags) with library staff any time the library is open. To make arrangements for larger donations, please contact us.
To receive a receipt for tax purposes, please take your donation to the Account Services Desk inside the library and request one.