The Friends welcome donations of clean, undamaged books and media for our book sales. If you enjoyed reading them, we’re sure other patrons will too. Here are some guidelines for donations.
- Books in good condition (fiction, non-fiction, adult, children’s)
- Old books and classics in good condition
- Textbooks less than 10 years old
- DVDs, Blu-ray, electronic games
- Music CDs
- Audiobooks on CDs
- Magazines less than 3 years old
We cannot accept:
- Books in poor condition (musty, moldy, broken spines or covers, smoke smell)
- Adult encyclopedia sets
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Textbooks more than 10 years old
- VHS tapes
- Cassette tapes
- Magazines more than 3 years old
To receive a receipt for tax purposes, you can take your books to the Account Services Desk inside the library and request one.
To make arrangements for a large donation (four or more bankers boxes), please send us an email.