Book & media donations
The Friends welcome donations of clean, undamaged books and media for our book sales. If you enjoyed reading them, we’re sure other patrons will too. Here are some guidelines for donations.
We accept in good condition:
- Fiction and nonfiction
- Hardcovers, paperbacks and trade editions
- Music CDs (commercially-produced, only)
- DVDs (commercially-produced, only)
- Travel, health, technical, financial, business, computer and textbooks: 2 years old or less
We cannot accept:
- Condensed books
- Underlined or highlighted books
- Anything musty or mildewed
If using the library’s outside book drop, please mark your books as donations to the Friends. To receive a receipt for tax purposes, you can take your books to the service desk inside the library and request one.
To make arrangements for a large donation, please send us an email.
Financial support from members and non-members is also welcome. Friends of the Tualatin Public Library is a 501(c)(3) organization and donations are tax-deductible, as allowed by law. If you would like to donate online, click the “donate” button below and you will be redirected to our PayPal donation page. A PayPal account isn’t required; you can use any major credit card.